Categorizing Information: Causes of Major Events
- Open a new Microsoft Word document.
- Center the title, Chronological Order: Causes of
- From the Table menu, choose Insert - Table. You will
need 2 columns and 4 rows.
- Create a graphic organizer by adding headings to your
table like the example below:
|Causes of the American
||Causes of the War with Mexico
|Causes of the Civil War
||Causes of World War II
item below is best associated with one category in your graphic
organizer. Your task is to copy and paste each item in the correct box.
There is NOT an equal number for each category. Some categories will
have more items than others.
election of Abraham Lincoln as President
"taxation without representation"
annexation of Texas
Italian, and Japanese aggression
- Uncle Tom's Cabin
- Intolerable Acts
- Proclamation of 1763
- John Brown's Raid
- Missouri Compromise, Compromise of
1850, Kansas-Nebraska Act
- invasion of Poland
- attack on Pearl Harbor
- Manifest Destiny
- disagreement over tariffs
- American desire to own/control
Type your name below your table.
Save and print your document.